Happy Canada Day!
Seeing as we are all Canadian volunteers, we decided to throw a Canada day party! We bought cake mix from the supermarket, and sprinkles (they only had red, white and blue sprinkles, so we bought them and picked out the blue ones!). We made potato salad and barbecued some hot dogs. We invited our friends from our volunteer placements and from other organizations. We wore red and white, and even bought some face paint. We had quite the turn out for our little BBQ! We even sang "O Canada" as proudly and loudly as ever. It was a Canada day I will never forget, and the first I've ever celebrated in another country.
It was Sara and Brittany's last night here. After 8 weeks with them, it was incredibly hard to see them go. Especially because I felt like I was supposed to be going home too! We've done everything together since we've arrived. We were on the same flight here. We took Spanish classes together every day. We've been roomies. We've travelled on weekends together. We've hardly spent any time apart at all. And as I watched them pack and prepare to return to Canada, I felt as though I too should have been preparing to go home. But, I'm grateful to have the opportunity to spend another 2 weeks in this beautiful country, and I plan to make the most of my time left here!
I stayed up and watched a movie with the girls, and at 2am, we decided to sleep. Their cab came at 3:30am, and we were all up to say bye. It was so sad :(
So here's to Sara and Brittany for all the laughs and good times - I'm so happy to have been through this journey with the two of you. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment