The story of my journey...

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 55

So I was still sick today. I went to the doctor in the afternoon, and he said it was likely a parasite. He's having me take a blood, urine, and stool test (which I will be going to get tomorrow). I spent nearly the entire day in bed. I felt like I had no energy to do anything.

I started to feel better after a nap. Everyone went out for dinner, and even though I wasn't hungry, I accompanied them anyways! I was surprised at how much better I felt after the walk to the restaurant. And I felt hungry again...I seemed to have regained my appetite! I ordered some food, and took a few bites and felt sick again! I was pretty sick for the rest of the night, and I had terrible stomach cramps all night. I woke up around 4:00am, and it was not good.

One of the house guests has Dengue fever - poor guy. Dengue fever is common in rural Nicaragua, and is carried by mosquitos.


No comments:

Post a Comment