The story of my journey...

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day 54

I woke up today not feeling 100%. We were due to go on a little trip to Masaya Volcano after our placements this afternoon, as there is a really incredible night tour of the volcano craters and caves. I wanted to make sure I was well enough to go, so I decided that I would sleep in an extra hour or so, and then head off to placement.

It was a good plan, until after breakfast when I needed a puke bucket and a toilet at the same time...I got myself cleaned up, and went to the living room to watch FIFA with some of the other people in the house. I was laying down, and I suddenly started to feel very hot and dizzy. Before I could do anything about it, I had vomited all over the coffee table, then all over the floor. It was horrible, and so embarrassing. I felt so bad. I was just shaking...I felt so so sick. I hopped in the shower to clean myself off, and didn't even dry off before climbing into bed. With the fan on, I finally cooled off. I slept for a bit, and when I woke up, I felt a lot better. But as soon as I stood up again and started moving around, I felt hot and dizzy again. I threw up twice more, while going to the bathroom....again. Not fun. All I could think was: "I hope I don't have a parasite...".

I just seemed to get weaker and weaker as the day went on. And although I stopped vomiting, I was still needing to run to the bathroom unusually often. I just tried to rest, and I slept some more. I ate some crackers and gingerale, and I kept that down. I tried to drink more fluids, and I seemed to gain more strength. By about 9pm, I felt significantly better. Except that I had fever, which I didn't have earlier.

I took some tylenol for my fever and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment