The story of my journey...

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 41

I went to bed extremely early last night in an attempt to catch up on some much needed sleep!
Woke up at 6:00 again this morning, not really feeling any more rested, but I'm sure the sleep helped!

I had a great day today! My shift at the hospital was interesting...I learned all about catheters today, as a woman 6 cm dilated needed one. I was walked through the procedure for newborns, and I'm hoping I'll have the opportunity to do it once or twice! Everything from measurements in weight and length and width, to Vitamin K injections, to stamping the baby's footprint.

At the clinic, I learned all about appendicitis - super interesting!
Also, a woman who had come into the clinic a few weeks ago due to an extremely irregular menstrual cycle returned today with her ultrasound results. She has 2 uteruses! The doctor told me that this is extremely rare - only 1 in about 1 000 000 women have 2 uteruses!

I did some laundry via good old fashioned stone washing, and hung my clothes on the line just in time for the rain (haha). After dinner, we started planning our weekend trip - we're headed to the volcanic island of Ometepe. I'm extremely excited! It's supposed to be beautiful and very unique. I can't wait to tell you all about it when I get back on Sunday night!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Keep up the great work and learning Meagan. Thanks for creating this blog. It is so interesting for me (and everyone I'm sure) to follow your extraordinary experiences. You are one amazing woman hun!

    ReplyDelete