The story of my journey...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 49

I spent the day at a rural health clinic in a small town called Canas Blancas with a doctor and a nurse. We were driven out there at 8:00am, and we were swamped right through til 1:00pm. The town itself only has 200 people in it, however people come from the many small surrounding communities to this clinic as well. It ran very much the same way as the clinic here in Jinotepe does, just on a smaller scale. It was interesting, and it really allowed me to get to know the other 2 women really well. The doctor was wonderful and very friendly...she was sure to make sure I understood everything, and she was keen to explain things when I didn't. The nurse was wonderful also! Although I didn't spend as much time with her, as she was in a separate room, she was easy to talk with and get to know. Our driver forgot to come and pick us up, so about an hour and a half later than he was supposed to come, he showed up. We had to walk a fair ways to find someone with a phone to call the driver. It was an extremely hot day, and we were waiting out on the road in the sun, in our scrubs, for what seemed like forever. Needless to say, we were happy to see that driver when he finally came!

I crashed around 9:00pm - the earliest I've been to bed in as long as I can remember. I was just utterly exhausted. Between the heat and the busy week, I needed to catch up on some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment