We had Spanish class again today from 8-12. Verbs, verbs, verbs!
Now, as much as I love the beans and rice three times a day, I wanted something a little different for lunch today. There is a restaurant here called "SaboRock", run by a woman who is half Nicaraguan and half American. Her family lives in the United States during the school year, and then they spend their summers in Nicaragua. She now lives here year-round, and has opened her own restaurant! She serves American food, such as salads and sandwiches. We went there for lunch today – it was delicious!
We spent the afternoon studying Spanish and exploring the town. I feel like I am finally oriented here! After dinner, I helped a little bit with an English class taught by a BaseCamp coordinator. This class runs Tuesday and Thursday nights, and is offered to local Jinotepe people who want to learn English.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment