The story of my journey...

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 3





We actually woke up after 6:30am this morning! haha

We had french toast for breakfast, and then went to the beach. We took about a 10 minute bus ride to Diriamba, a neighbouring city (and when I say a bus ride, I mean a van with about 15 passengers! haha). We then took these little carts called "Tuk Tuks" to the beach, which was about 35 minutes from Diriamba. The entire trip cost us under $1!

We spent the afternoon swimming in the ocean, playing frisbee on the beach, and laying in the sun. Sooo nice! We ate at little restaurant right on the beach - fresh fish and lobster (the owner let us pick which fish we wanted from the few he had caught this morning!). I ordered a small fish (which was actually a HUGE fish!), which came with rice and salad. $4!! I couldn't believe it!

We took a bus (van...) back to Diriamba. It was hilarious - there were about 15 people in this van, 2 of whom were hanging off the side of the vehicle because there was not enough room (and remember, this is on the highway!). In the van, there was also 2 kittens, a rooster on the lap of the guy in the front seat, and a giant fish head in a bucket (this fish head was the size of a basketball!). Too funny...!

We had a delicious quesadilla dinner, and now we are in the house for the night. We start Spanish class tomorrow! I'm unbelievably excited... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment