AMAZING RACE DAY!
To put our limited Spanish knowledge to the test (after a 20 hours of Spanish study), we paired up to complete the Amazing Race Challenge. We had 18 tasks to complete, and the first team to successfully complete all tasks was declared the winner! Of course, we had to take pictures or videos of us completing all of the tasks!
Every task involved communicating with the locals (who don't speak any English), and it forced us to find our way around a city we've only lived in for one week! It was indeed a challenge...
The tasks ranged from asking someone their name, age, and where they are from, to finding out the exchange rate from 3 different banks, to buying food from the market, to visiting a neighbouring city to take a picture of their city landmark, to singing the Nicaraguan National Anthem in Central Park. I posted some pictures from our quest! It was pretty hilarious!
I must say though, I've never felt so ignorant in my life - I hate that I can't communicate with the people. They are so kind and friendly, and they will ask me a question, or say something to me, but I don't understand them, and all I can say is "No hablo espanol", which means that I don't speak Spanish. It makes me sad, yet it motivates me to study hard to learn as much as I can!
It was pretty exciting!
I also posted a picture of the wall of a house! Cool to see what the houses here are made of!
morning my little spanish cinorita.been working with uncle jim still no union work but we are well and healthy.thurs karen and i volunteered at emily's track and field day at laurentian u loads of fun . we are so excited to read your daily entries.the country sounds breath taking.please be careful of who u trust and try to have a buddy go with u.ok enough worring.your pics r great that lake by SANTIAGO volcano,is it a dead lake?can u swim or drink? very cute puppy.again so proud and excited for u sweetheart.keep smiling and b safe love always umake&h xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoy your trip love hunter xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo.
ReplyDelete