Back to school! Today was our first day of Spanish class, from 1-5pm, but we had a busy day before that!
We went to the market first thing after breakfast because I needed some running shoes (for the 5:30am runs I am going to try to do!). On the way to the market, I almost fell down a hole! (See the picture above...). A little scary...haha
They often use horses for transportation here - the picture above is of a horsed-drawn cart carrying some fruit and goods.
After the market, we came back to the house for our one-on-one placement meetings with the placement coordinator. It was awesome! I found out all about what I'll be doing during my last 6 weeks here, and I am so so excited. I will explain more about my volunteer placement when it gets a little closer to the date (and when I find out more details!)
We had some delicious lunch, and then started Spanish! I learned so much! Basic phrases and expressions, the alphabet, numbers up to the thousands, and much more! You can sure learn a lot in 4 hours of basically one on one language tutoring!
I went for a run after dinner, and I have just finished moving rooms! We are in the room with internet now, which is awesome! Spent about an hour moving everything over and officially unpacking. I will post a picture tomorrow of my new room set-up. I love it!
morning my maggie.so so so proud of all your achievements. such a worldly adventurer u are.havin kids read all about your experiences. your time there is very short i know it must seem long but in no time your time to come home willbe here and you ll wish u had just one more day.soak it all in and enjoy it we are so proud of you and benny hanna we love and miss u keep smiling b safe take a whissle or a noise maker when running have a great day look forward to your next entry love u marty a karen em and tommy aka hunter before your time. xxxxxooooo
ReplyDelete