I just landed in Houston, and I'll be here for 6 hours before I catch my flight to Managua - lots of time to reflect on the journey I'm about to embark on!
I really don't know what to feel. And yet, I'm feeling so many things all at once. I feel excited - ready to learn about this new culture, new people, and new way of life. I feel nervous - I really have no idea what I'm getting myself into...people at the airport keep telling me to be careful. I feel uncertain - who will I be upon my return? How will I have changed? To what extent will my perspectives have changed? And, of course, I feel sad - I always hate goodbyes. This one was especially tough, knowing 70 days is longer than I even realize.
And yet, I am not really feeling much of anything. I feel the "calm before the storm" - the same feeling I get before any much anticipated event. It's just the waiting...the not knowing what or how to feel. It's like a lull in life - in thought.
I am one to overprepare for everything. I always have a plan, and I know what to expect. I have no idea what to expect, and that scares me. But I'm okay. I'm ready for this challenge, and I'm ready to learn to go with the flow, and soak it all in.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment