Last week, I discovered that hand massages seem to bring comfort to these women like nothing else. I would hold their hands during their contractions, and between contractions, I would massage their hands. Today, as a woman laid on her side, I decided to try massaging her back. e! I didn't know if she wanted me to continue or not, so I went to leave, and she asked me to stay! She was so appreciative! I was so happy to just sit there with her and massage her neck and shoulders. It really seemed to bring her a lot of comfort, and it's such a simple action!
I had an awesome afternoon at the clinic too! I'm set up to go with the mobile clinic on Thursday, so that should be really interesting! I'm really looking forward to it!
It's Dad's birthday today, and I remembered this with every new baby born. Happy Birthday Dad! I'm thinking of you! :)
Thank you Meagan I am so proud of you and what you are doing each day. You are making a difference to each of these ladies in providing comfort and care to them. If each of us could do this each day What a Wonderful World it Would Be !!
ReplyDeleteLove DAD